Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Earlier this year, I set some health goals and kicked my healthy lifestyle gears into overdrive. An update was in order, and today is the perfect day to do that. As of today, I hit the half way weight and had a friend say that she can see the difference. And to top it all off, this morning's weigh in broke a nearly two week plateau. I have to shout out to my neighbor Jeff for tricking me into running my first 5k. Not only did it get me over that hump, but it forced me to acknowledge my ability to push myself beyond what I was comfortable doing. And it's a great feeling and a great lesson: pushing past what you think you can do makes you push your self-expectations beyond anything you have done before, strengthening your faith and your person.

Cheers to the second leg of this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment